These Terms set out your rights and obligations, and those of the owners of the site ("we" or "us"), in relation to www.blockposters.com (the "Site") and any goods or services available through, and material of any kind accessible or relating to, the Site or us (the “Services”). When we refer to "Block Posters" in these Terms, we mean us, the Site, and/or the Services, according to the context.
We are Work Vs Play Ltd whose trading name is Block Posters, a company registered in England and Wales under number 10113408 whose registered office is at Gable End Sparrow Hall Business Park, Leighton Rd, Edlesborough, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom, LU6 2ES
You must take the time to read and understand these Terms before using Block Posters. By creating a Block Poster, you accept that you are entering into a contract with us under these Terms. You should be aware that these Terms may change from time to time in accordance with Clause 16 below.
2. The Essentials of Block Posters
Block Posters provides the User with the facility to upload an image and to scale that image in order to produce a PDF document to facilitate printing an enlarged version of that image. We are not responsible for the image the User chooses to upload as defined in Clause 3 below. We are not responsible for how/where the image is displayed. In accepting our terms of service, the User accepts sole responsibility for any breach of copyright associated with the image and any breach of law regarding to public display of the image. Block Posters accepts no responsibility for breach of any law regarding the display of any image created using Block Posters.
All Images must meet our Image specifications, which may be changed by us from time to time. All uploaded Images are stored in accordance with Clause 7 below.
Block Posters provides a free service, but also offers an option to purchase a ‘Premium Service’ as defined in accordance with Clause 4 below. We reserve the right to change which services require the purchase of ‘Premium Service’ at any time.
3. User Content and Content Rules
Images and other material (including textual annotations to and comments on Images) uploaded or linked-to by a User on, through or in connection with Block Posters are treated as "User Content" for the purposes of these Terms. Users must have the right to deal with their User Content in the manner provided by our Services. You must not upload User Content, or otherwise deal with User Content through Block Posters, if you do not have the right to do so. Each User shall ensure that his/her User Content does not:
- infringe anyone’s copyright; in particular, you must ensure that you either own the copyright in an Image that you upload to Block Posters or that you are fully licensed by the copyright owner to upload the Image and to make any subsequent use of it
- infringe any other rights, such as a trade mark, of any person or entity or a duty owed to any person or entity, such as a duty of confidentiality;
- contravene any applicable law (including, without limitation, any criminal law) or regulation;
- include anything that is false, inaccurate, misleading, offensive, abusive, threatening or defamatory, or that might cause needless annoyance, inconvenience or distress to any person;
- contain any computer virus, macro virus, Trojan horse, worm, or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt, or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or to surreptitiously intercept, access without authority, or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- misrepresent the User's identity in any way or impersonate any person;
- include any material containing personally identifying information about another person, such as their real name, address, phone number, or email address, except with the written approval of that person;
- contain material which is pornographic, obscene, indecent or offensive, which promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or that may incite hatred or violence against any person or group;
- harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any person;
- give the impression that it emanates from us, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse; or
- infringe our fair use requirements or otherwise interfere with the proper working of Block Posters.
The above are our Content Rules.
Although we prohibit the uploading of Images and other User Content which infringes our Content Rules, we cannot control and do not monitor or pre-screen the use of our Site. It is possible that Images or other User Content may be accessible through our Site which contravenes our Content Rules. We are not responsible for such Images or User Content.
We may without notice delete any Image or other User Content which appears to breach our Content Rules, or prevent any use of Services which includes any such Image or User Content.
4. Terms of purchase for Premium Service
A contract between a User and Block Posters for the purchase of a ‘Premium Service’ is created as follows:
- If the User has selected options that are defined as part of the ‘Premium Service’, the User is required to pay the ‘Premium Service’ fee through PayPal before the PDF can be downloaded.
- Once the User has paid the correct amount, the PDF is provided using the options as defined by the User.
- There is no facility to change options once the PDF is created.
- In order to create any additional PDFs with ‘Premium Service’ options, the User must pay for the ‘Premium Service’ for each additional PDF.
- By confirming the poster setup, the User is agreeing to purchase the ‘Premium Service’ with the options that have been selected and will receive a PDF created in accordance to those defined options, which can not be amended once payment has been taken.
- The end product (deliverable) of the ‘Premium Service’ is a PDF created using the options defined by the User. All payments are final and Block Posters is under no obligation to refund payment if the User is not satisfied with the final result of the PDF file.
- After payment and subsequent creation of the PDF, the User will be provided with a link to download the PDF. It is the responsibility of the User to download this PDF and save it accordingly at this time. Block Posters is not responsible for maintaining the link to this PDF, or responsible for supplying this PDF at any other time. To clarify, the PDF will subsequently be deleted from our servers, so any links to files are not guaranteed.
Note that Block Posters may reject a ‘Premium Service’ order in certain circumstances, namely:
- The order breaching the requirements of these Terms;
- The use of Images which infringe the Content Rules;
- The use of Images which are corrupted, unsupported technically or inadequately pixelated;
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for payment; or
- A relevant pricing error being identified.
Block Posters reserve the right to change the price of the ‘Premium Service’ and change which services require the purchase of ‘Premium Service’ at any time.
5. International use of Block Posters
You must ensure that you comply with the laws that apply to you and your use of Block Posters, including User Content and the Images that may be viewed. That use may be prohibited or restricted in various jurisdictions.
6. Intellectual Property
No-one may copy, distribute, show in public or create any work from Block Posters unless they are in accordance with the terms outlined in this document. You are not allowed to remove any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property notices contained in material taken from Block Posters.
Block Posters does not store personal information except in the case of ‘Premium Service’ purchases, where personal information is stored in accordance with PayPal.
Images are uploaded to our server and remain in a temporary directory until a suitable time defined by us, when they are deleted.
Block Posters uses small files known as cookies to collect information about User options such as border definitions to prevent the User having to enter this information on every visit, or to track user statistics. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. Where deemed applicable information is aggregated and therefore anonymous and is only used to improve how our website works. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
In addition, like most other websites, this site automatically logs certain information about every request made of it. This information is used for system administration, for bug tracking, and for producing usage statistics. The logged information may be kept indefinitely.
8. Our Role
We reserve the right at any time and without notice (a) to suspend or terminate your ability to access Block Posters, (b) your use of all of part of the Services, (c) to remove from access via Block Posters any User Content associated with a User and (d) to take technical and legal steps to stop any Users from using Block Posters if they appear to us to be in breach of any provision of these Terms. Should we do so, you acknowledge that we shall not incur any liability to you or to any other person. In addition, we are entitled to suspend provision of all or part the Services, at any time if we are obliged or advised to comply with an order, instruction or request of any limb of government, or any regulator, court or other competent authority.
10. Additional services
11. Operation of Block Posters
We reserve the right to withdraw or modify all or part of the Services of Block Posters where we have legal or commercial reasons to do so. There may be times when the operation of Block Posters is adversely affected, or becomes inaccessible, as a result of technical difficulties experienced by Block Posters, on the Internet or other communications networks, or other matters that are beyond our control. Please note, however, that we cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to Block Posters or any of the material that appears on it. If we are conducting a period of planned unavailability of the Services, we will inform Users of this by a notice that appears on one or more pages of Block Posters.
We use reasonable care and skill to provide Block Posters in accordance with our specifications for Block Posters but:
- the Services are provided "as is"; and
- we cannot and do not guarantee that Block Posters or the Services will meet your requirements, including (without limitation) as to the availability or speed of delivery of any User Content placed on or made through Block Posters.
We, our agents, directors, officers, shareholders, employees and subcontractors will not be liable to you or anyone else, whether in contract, tort (including negligence, breach of statutory duty or other tort) or otherwise:
- for any loss of revenue, data, business, anticipated savings, profits, opportunity, goodwill or reputation, or for any business interruption; or
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss damage, costs or other claims,
howsoever caused or arising. Except as expressly stated elsewhere in these Terms, all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms, whether express or implied (by common law, statute, collaterally or otherwise) are hereby excluded, except in the case of fraud, or where such exclusion is not permitted by law. For the avoidance of doubt, Block Posters will not have liability to you or any other person in respect of User Content. We will not be liable for any failure to perform our obligations under these Terms caused by matters beyond our reasonable control.
You agree to indemnify Block Posters against all liabilities, claims and expenses that may arise out of or in connection with any:
- breach of these Terms by you; or
- User Content associated with you
We reserve the right to assign these Terms, and to assign or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations under these Terms, but will not do so in such a way as to reduce any guarantees you are given under these Terms. You may not without the written consent of Block Posters assign or dispose of these Terms or any of your rights and obligations under it.
15. Entire Agreement
These Terms are intended to contain your entire agreement with us relating to your use of and access to Block Posters; we believe them to be fair and reasonable. They replace all earlier agreements and understandings with you relating to Block Posters.
16. Changes to these Terms
We reserve the right to change these Terms from time to time, and post the new version on Block Posters. If you do not wish to be governed by the new version of these Terms, you must cease to use the Services and Block Posters. For the avoidance of doubt, we will not have any liability to you in that event.
If any part of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder shall remain valid and enforceable. Our failure to act with respect to a breach of these Terms by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. The headings to the Clauses are for ease of reference only and do not affect the interpretation or construction of these Terms. A person who is not a party to these Terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any of these Terms, provided that this shall not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
These Terms, the Services and each purchase of a ‘Premium Poster’ shall be governed by English law. You and we each submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to disputes arising in connection with these Terms, the Services and any order for or purchase of a Product.
19. Keeping these Terms
We don't separately file the Terms entered into by Users when they register for Block Posters. Please make a durable copy of these Terms by printing and/or saving a downloaded copy on your own computer. They are offered in English only.